Wednesday 8 March 2017

Prosperity Gospel... No! Or, maybe... Yes!

I was blessed and challenged by this verse once again, in my quiet time with the Lord this morning!

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." (III John 2, NKJV)

I pondered this thought, "If this prayer was answered in my life, and my general well-being was a reflection of my souls condition, would I be poor and sickly or prosperous, healthy, robust?"

The prosperity of our soul is directly related to our moment-by-moment abiding in the LORD. (John 15:5)

I also pondered the LORD's words to the people of Israel:

"I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;"

He continues with the recipe for life and true prosperity:

"that you may:
  1. love the LORD your God,
  2. obey His voice, and
  3. cling to Him,
for He is your life and the length of your days..."  (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)

I will love your O Lord, obey your voice, and cling to You, for you are my life, my everything!

-Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment